Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Passing

The Hourglass is empty,
and the end is here.
Last night is the past,
and today is the beginning.

The beginning is the time of forlorn,
and the end was ample.
Your shadow will always be there,
within the depths of our hearts.

You will be missed,
and missed immensely.

You touched us all,
and left your mark.
Your character..
changed us,
filled us,
and helped us.

Your accent made us giggle,
made us learn,
made us smile.

Farewell,
to those who we care for,
that we love,
and cherish.
You won't be forgotten,
nor will you forget us.

So until next time,
We will raise our glasses to you,
with every dine,
and every shindig.
Until then,
this time will be known,
as The Passing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this James! Made me think of high school. Lol. Minus the accent part. Haha.

Dustin_Shane said...

I used to use accents so I can completely agree with Miss Nicole along with the addition of accents. Hahahahahaha. As usual James, I enjoyed reading your own personal take on expression through words. That's what truly separates each artist is the fact that no two souls are identical. And your soul has a way with words my friend that really makes a person take a step back and look. No matter what the subject is you pretty much nail it every time. I clapped a little when I finished reading this one.