Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Trying Out Charcoal



My first attempt at charcoal since high school. Didn't turn out that great but it was fun to do. And messy haha. I'm still trying to get the shading and highlighting down (It's a learning process). Not as easy as pencil let me tell ya. Wish the fog at the bottom of the trees and the sky turned out a little better but I know erasing would have probably ruined the whole thing. Oh well :)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Any tips on charcoal drawing are much appreciated. Thanks! :)

5 comments:

Dustin_Shane said...

I like it. The fog turned out alright in my opinion. I say that cause I could tell what it was before I read the description. I like charcoal but it's so damn messy. Lol. And plus, I don't draw that well. :D

James G said...

Its still fucking awesome! :) You were always the best artist in our school, HANDS DOWN!

Unknown said...

Thanks James. I don't think I was the best... but Im glad you think that :) And yeah, charcoal is a freaking mess. A frustrating mess. Lol. Probably won't be doing much more charcoal.
Dustin, even though I've only seen a couple of your drawings, I think your good. I like the ones you do in ink :)

Dustin_Shane said...

Aww. Well I agree with James. Best in the school for sure. Prolly one of the only REAL artists as well. Your passion for it showed through your work. Not only did you do amazing works but when I (or anyone else for that matter) would look at it I (we) could feel the emotion and energy you put into it. I miss them days for few reasons but that is one of them. Lol. :D

Unknown said...

Aww thank you Dustin :) you just brightened my day.