Friday, August 6, 2010

For a once beautiful love.

Something I was scared of from the beginning
I wanted to deny the only thing
The only thing I live for
Is this what I want to become of us
This distant memory of our past
Our forever and a day was never ment to last
Opinions collide
Ideas are scorn
How can we make this last when we dont try,
We don't try to learn

We have to start something new
After all of this where do we turn to
Our old flame is becoming dim
But there is no time limit for it to burn
Should we pick up what's left of this and make it ours again
I wont be told what I believe is wrong
You can't apologize

What got us through this was the desire
No one likes to be alone
We crossed paths and made mistakes
You were not what I dreamed of
Im not who you thought I was
These changing hearts are confused by our selfish ways
We will get on and we will live

This is not the end...
This is only another beginning.

4 comments:

Dustin_Shane said...

A note in common with each of your poems you have posted thus far:

I love to read free verse poems. I cannot write them myself. I have a weird sense of order that stops me from writing in this manner. So I really enjoy to read good ones such as these.

Now on this one:

My favorite two lines in this is the contrast between the two of you; "You were not what I dreamed of, I'm not who you thought I was..."
Already I can see the emotions you must have gone through when the two of you broke up. And that is to me, what poetry is about. Seeing the emotions the writer is trying to get across. Very good dear.

Tayla. (: said...

Oh man, it was such a difficult time for me.
/:
Like...I seriously thought I was going to be all depressed and such, but as time went on I learned that it's alright to lose a loved one.

My friend told me that sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but it's not our loss but theirs, for they left the only person who wouldn't give them up.

Dustin_Shane said...

I am glad to hear of such a great recovery for sure. And your friend has some deep wisdom for anyone who is or has gone through a tough break up.

Tayla. (: said...

Yeah, she is. She is still suffering. /: But I'm always here to help her out.