Friday, August 6, 2010

Hostages to our minds.

No longer pure
We can't have that
We sin with each touch we take
We are taken hostage by our minds
Skin is so pale and smooth
I can't get enough

Don't keep me here waiting, beautiful
Show me this love you feel
Show me how you move
Skin is pale and smooth
Perfect beyond reason
But the heart needs a jumpstart

The beats we skip
Is caused by our desires
We are blind, yet we see what we want
We take, thinking this will only be once
But now we remain hostages to our minds

Push me away
I'll only hold you tighter

3 comments:

Dustin_Shane said...

This is a beautiful free verse which to me somewhat defines temptations of the human body and mind. I love aspects of life defined and this does just that. Very good visuals as well. I think many of us have been here before in the heat of passion and temptation.

Tayla. (: said...

It's so hard to overcome my desires concerning this. Lol. And my ex WAS a pale ass muthafucka with smooth skin.
LOL.

Tanya said...

Excellent free verse. Good choice of words!