Monday, July 26, 2010

It's for the best

~It’s for the best~


You just showed up,
and I really didn’t expect anything of it,
I mean, what was I suppose to think?
You were just like everyone else,
that decided to talk to me.

I wasn’t really sure of you,
because I didn’t know you,
But then I was invited over,
to the place you’d be staying.

I came for my friend,
but ended up talking to you, my friend,
I couldn’t believe it,
you had the prettiest eyes,
and the whitest smile.

It was suppose to be that one night stand,
but ended up with me liking you even more,
funny thing was,
you were everything I hated.

Your attitude,
your outlook on life,
your appearance,
and your family.

I’d wish I had your family,
and just the way you lived,
you seemed so free to do what you wanted,
do see what you wanted,
but I couldn’t have that.

I tried to not think about you,
so I flirted in front of you,
but in the end,
I kept thinking about you.

You looked very annoyed,
like I had done something wrong,
but then I realized,
you were jealous.

I really didn’t expect anything of it,
I mean, what was I suppose to think?
You were just like everyone else,
that decided to talk to me,

Now you’re leaving,
to go back home,
thank god for that,
because its for the best.

3 comments:

Dustin_Shane said...

This is one hell of a story in free verse. I can see and even feel the emotion of what you are saying. Definately a two thumbs up.

Unknown said...

I agree with Dustin. Good write James!

Tanya said...

I enjoyed reading your post, there is a lot of sentiment when you read it.