Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Through the eyes of a babe

Her little eyes swelled with tears
As her father drove away

So much confusion
Why he could not stay

As the car got further away
She sat upon the steps


Bear in mind when they were a family
When times were at its best

Her parents always told her
Be brave and be bold

Sometimes a daddy and a mommy
Have to make it on their own

She dried her little eyes
Listening to her mother explain

How her daddy and mommy’s
Love for her

Would always stay the same


Author
Tanya L. Lyles
2007

5 comments:

Dustin_Shane said...

Having divorced parents kind of makes me see this in a different light. It is great and I like it very much. I remember when my parents explained that "Sometimes a daddy and a mommy have to make it on their own." This is so true. And with the way things are now, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tanya said...

I'm glad you liked it. Sometimes acceptance makes it easier.

James G said...

This is very good. I like it alot. Coming from someone whose parents did divorce, but in my case, it was a very good thing.

Tanya said...

Thank you James :)

Tayla. (: said...

I really like this. My parents divorced before I could remember. I was probably not even 2 yet. But my friend went through this not too long ago. So I know how it feels for people.