Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Shy Flashlight

I am a shy flashlight, lonely and dark.
My batteries are new and my bulb is not burnt.
Do not ask why my light is not on,
I will just tell you,
I am broken and gone.
I only use my light for very few causes.
To find someones way,
Or help brighten their day.
To this day,
I still will not turn my light on.
But after today my light will shine,
Until then, I shall keep shy.

By: Wendy Griffin


You may wonder as to why I have posted Wendy's poem instead of her. You all have a right to know for we are open friends here. She can only view the blog as of right now from her phone and has asked me to post whatever she sends through email. She is a very important contributor just as every one of you. Let's welcome her in with open arms. I look forward to more of her works from here on. Thank you all. Keep on creating!!!
-Dustin_Shane

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cheesy! I barely remember writing this!