Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Near The Window

Just as days ever seem to pass,
As friendships wain and rarely last,
Raindrops fall on the old
windowpane.

Gazing at the desert land,
Once was thought, made by God's hand,
Slowly do I slip,
become insane.

Frightful visions rule o'er my mind,
When unknown noises from behind,
Demolish what I once had called
a brain.

Too scared to turn myself around,
And see whose footfalls thrash the ground,
What could it be and would it
inflict pain?

I feel it breathe upon my neck,
Nowhere to run my mind a wreck,
And in the end whatever will
I gain?

Not a thing for I'm now dead,
The beast attacked, ripped off my head,
Forever, near the window,
blood remains.

2 comments:

James G said...

I have to admit, My favorite part about this one was the ending, "Forever, near the window, blood remains" So much emotion! Good one! :D

Dustin_Shane said...

Thank you. I can agree with you that the end is the best part. I like it because then you see that a ghost was re-living his last moments alive. Pardon the pun.