Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Somewhat Symmetrical Flower

I love to draw symmetrical things for I really am not much of a drawing type. So when I do draw it is easier for me to draw something like this flower which is a little easier to keep in order. Naturally there are a few mistakes as far as the width of the petals and such. But I do enjoy this picture. It is not bad by any means. However, I am more into writing.

Notice that the center of it all is a crescent moon.

I drew this with a hard tipped drawing pencil and completed it with black ink. I find ink to be necessary sometimes when making a drawing final. But not all drawings need to be inked. Sometimes I find it better looking, as far as the shading process goes, to leave the original work done in pencil.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The fact that you did this with a hard tipped drawing pencil is awesome. I never have luck with hard tips :/
Such a unique flower. The crescent moon is a great touch.

Dustin_Shane said...

Why thank you. For some reason I seem to do a little better with the harder tips. But I'm not too much of a drawer anyway. I prefer to write obviously. Lol. I am so glad you joined. This is gonna be awesome.